International Students Application
- All applicants are required to submit at least a copy of their passport biographical page and existing visa page when they submit the application to the school. All passports submitted should have validity of at least two (2) years and above. The remaining documents as per the Admission Guidelines shall be furnished in full upon the acceptance and placement of the child. Incomplete documents will lead to a delay in admission.
- International students studying at Sayfol International School will need a Dependant, MM2H, or an International Student Visa from the Immigration Department of Malaysia. Kindly refer to the information provided below for the necessary steps to obtain the required approvals needed to enrol your child.
A. Students Who Are Required To Apply For an International Student Visa
Student Visa Processing Service Charge
Sayfol International School will be providing the required assistance for the application of an International Student Visa. This application has to be done by the School only. The admission officer has to be informed by the parents /guardian that an International Student Visa is required upon enquiry. A detailed application checklist will be given to the parent/guardian, and this should be referenced for guidance.
- All required fees need to be paid in full before Sayfol International School proceeds with the processing of Student Visa.
- The Student Visa Processing Service Charge covers the service and processing costs needed for the application of the International Student’s Visa endorsement on the passport with the approval from Malaysian Ministry of Education and Immigration Department of Malaysia.
- All International Student Visa applications can only be processed if they abide by the following requirements:
- All required documents listed in the International Student Visa Application Checklist together with any other document(s) required by the Admission Office of Sayfol International School and Immigration Department of Malaysia.
- There should be no outstanding school related fee. The school reserves the right to cancel/reject student visa related process if there is an outstanding school related fee.
- The payment of the above service and processing charge can be made via cash at school, cheque payable to Global Exec Sdn Bhd, or an online transaction.
- For telegraphic and online transfer, the bank details are as follows:
Beneficiary Name: Global Exec Sdn Bhd
Name of Bank: Public Bank Bhd
Address: Menara Public Bank, 146, Jalan Ampang, Kampung Baru, 50450 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Bank’s Swift Code: PBBEMYKL
Current MYR A/C: 3191155336IMPORTANT: Kindly state the student’s full name in the telegraphic transfer or online transaction reference. Please note that overseas telegraphic transfers are not possible in Malaysian Ringgit (MYR). Transactions in USD or their currencies must be equivalent to the amount charged in MYR.
- The International Student Visa processing service charge is non-refundable for whatsoever reasons.
- The student visa processing service charge of RM750 is payable upon submission of visa application documents. In the event that the first application is rejected for whatsoever reason, the same charge/fee is payable for the second application as/when required by the parent.
- A visa processing service charge fee of RM500 is payable for the renewal of a student visa and is non-refundable if application is rejected for whatsoever reasons.
- All documents along with the visa processing service charge fee for the renewal of a student visa, are required to be submitted 3 months prior to expiry of the current visa.
B. Students who will have or already have a Dependant Pass
Students with Dependant Passes on their passports will not require an International Student Visa. These are typically the dependent children of expatriate parents working in Malaysia. However, a permit to study is required and has to be acquired by the parents holding a professional working visa. The student can only start school after the said visa been endorsed in the student’s passport.
C. Students who will have or already have a MM2H Programme Pass
Students who are on their parents MM2H Programme Passes on their passports will not require an International Student Visa. These are typically the dependent children of international families under the Malaysia My 2nd Home Programme. A permit to study is required and has to be acquired by the parents. Please note that the student can only start school after the said visa has been endorsed in the student’s passport.
D. Students who will have or already have a Malaysia PR Status under the Malaysia Returning Expat Programme
Students who have PR Status stamps on their passports will not require an International Student Visa. These are typically the dependent children of Malaysian born parents who are back in Malaysia under the Malaysia Returning Expat Programme. Please note that the student can only start school after the said stamps have been endorsed in the student’s passport.
Note: The information and clauses above are accurate as per current Malaysian Immigration rulings.
- A Letter of Acceptance from Sayfol International School will only be issued after the student has successfully completed the compulsory entry assessment test and once the Application fee has been paid in full.
- The application process for the student pass will take between 6 to 8 weeks, and parents will be notified once it has been approved. Multiple entry student visas will have one year validity. Students with passport validity of less than one year will only be given a 6 months student visa. We strongly recommend all parents ensure that their child’s passport has a validity period of at least two years and above.
- Applicants are required to submit all documents as per the Student Visa Application checklist together with their application form.
- A student visa is non-transferable. Failure to comply with any ruling will affect the student’s stay in Malaysia.
- If the applicant is attached with another school in Malaysia, a copy of the biographical page and the current student visa page is required by Sayfol International School. The applicant is required to cancel their current student visa with their former school before a new endorsement is done by Sayfol International School on the said passport.
- Students with MM2H dependant passes or PR status must also declare this to the Admissions Office during their application process.
- Late submission will be subject to late application fee of RM 150 and it is not refundable for whatsoever reason. Parents/guardian is expected to bear all consequences for late submission from the Immigration Department of Malaysia.
- All documents submitted to Sayfol International School MUST be genuine and the school has to be informed of any changes on the required documents. Failure to do so will lead to student visa application being rejected, with any consequences being borne by parent/guardian.
- Parents may contact us for further information and advice on this matter.